The Traxxas Bandit XL-5 – 2WD Buggy Fun in Blue!
- 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Traxxas 3000mAh 8.4V 7-cell NiMH battery with iD™
- TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Waterproof electronics for all-weather driving
- excitement in water, mud and snow!
- 56+kmh* Top Speed!
- Titan® 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Equipped with Patented Traxxas’ High-Current Connector
The Traxxas Bandit™ redefines traditional buggy performance by creating a whole new class of Extreme Sports Buggy™. Bandit offers the highest levels of speed, action, and fun that will easily make it one of your favorites for all kinds of R/C driving excitement. The lightweight Bandit chassis is loaded with an aggressive Titan® 12-Turn modified motor and a high-current XL-5 Electronic Speed Control that deliver lightning-fast acceleration and incredible 35+mph* performance. Pull the trigger and Bandit rips massive rooster tails, soars over giant jumps, and lays down the power for pure performance and excitement at every turn. Bandit is infused with the latest tech including the patent-pending Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch and Alias™ high-performance 2.2″ racing tires. The advanced dual-pin rear, and ribbed front tread designs are engineered to work with our exclusive rubber compounds for superior off-road traction and directional control. The industry standard 2.2″ mirror-chrome Tracer™ wheels open the door to a wide range of tire options, including the optional Traxxas Anaconda 2.2″ street treads.
With Traxxas’ exclusive waterproof electronics, Bandit can blast through puddles, mow through mud and shred snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. Jump it. Race it. Crash it. Bandit’s legendary durability leaves everything else behind. Bandit is built Traxxas Tough™ to keep you off the workbench and deep in the fun zone. Plus, it’s upgradeable with a full line of Traxxas factory parts and accessories for custom performance and personalization.
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
With the TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
Traxxas’ exclusive patented Training Mode let’s everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. The Bandit is perfect for drivers at all experience levels. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio controlled truck before.
4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 4-amp DC fast charger is included to maximize runtime and minimize down time. The included NiMH charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for universal high-output charging. The brilliant LED provides charging status as soon as the battery is connected. The charger is optimized for charging your Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery. Peak-detection circuitry makes sure the battery receives a full charge every time. The status LED flashes green to indicate when charging is in progress, then turns solid green when charging is complete for foolproof charging, peak performance, and maximum runtime.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD™
Bandit includes a Traxxas iD™ Power CellTM 3000mAh 8.4V Battery Pack which is optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect iD-equipped Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
BANDIT (#24054-1) SPECS:
- Length: 413 mm
- Front Track: 250 mm
- Rear Track: 250 mm
- Weight: 1.36 kg
- Height (overall): 178 mm
- Wheelbase: 286 mm
- Front Shock Length: Long
- Rear Shock Length: XXLong
- Front Tires (pre-glued): Alias™ Ribbed 2.2″
- Rear Tires (pre-glued): Alias™ Step-Pin 2.2″
- Front Wheels: 2.2″ Mirror-Chome (Tracer™)
- Rear Wheels: 2.2″ Mirror-Chome (Tracer™)
- Electronic Speed Control: XL-5™
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-turn 550)
- Steering Servo: #2056 High Torque Waterproof
- Transmitter: TQ 2.4GHz Radio
- Receiver: #6519 3-Channel Micro
- Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 10.17)
- Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
- Gear Pitch: 48P
- Transmission: Magnum 272™
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Chassis Type: Modified Tub
- Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
- Top-Speed: 56+kmh**
- Skill Level: 1
- *Battery Tray Dimensions: 139 x 47.5 x 28 mm
- Included Charger: 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Included Batteries: Traxxas 3000mAh, 5.4V, 7-cell NiMH battery with iD™
- Required Batteries: 4 “AA” (transmitter)
*Battery expansion kit available (#3725X).
**With 7-cell battery and included optional 31-tooth pinion gear.